Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
Wednesday, April 27, at 10:00 a.m. — “Coloring for Adults,” a weekly program that is free and open to the public. “Coloring for Adults” is a new concept in helping to reduce the stresses of everyday life. Those attending may take their own supplies or use coloring pages supplied by the library. There will also be a limited number of colored pencils available for use. Call the library at 724-758-6458 for more information.
Wednesday, April 27, at 6:00 p.m. — “Movie Nights for Adults” – This program is under way once again for the 2016 year, and featured are new-to-DVD films. Movies are shown each month throughout the year (with the exception of December and January). Call the library for more information or to discover the title of the film to be shown.
Friday, April 29, from 6 to 9 p.m. — A “Write-On Celebration Author Fair,” honoring area residents who have had books published will be held. On hand for the special event are 22 local authors. The event will feature a “meet-and-greet” time with the authors as well as a variety of refreshments served in the program room. Those attending may visit with authors at their own pace. Tickets for the event are $10, so call the library now for more information. Tickets will also be available at the door.
The library will close at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, April 29, instead of the usual 4:00 p.m. closing time, in preparation for the “Write-On Celebration Author Fair.” Normal hours will resume on Saturday, April 30.
The library hosts three different book discussion groups for adults. Each group reads different books and meets monthly on different days. Any area adults interested in joining a book discussion group is encouraged to call the library at 724-758-6458.
Plans for the library’s Summer Reading Program are in place and flyers describing all of the various activities scheduled are available at the library. Call now for more information or stop by and ask for a flyer. Programs are planned for children as young as 6 months old, youngsters in elementary school as well as high school students. Don’t miss out – join us for a lot of fun this summer!
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in March. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Pauline Palatka from Judy Riccardi.
- In memory of Florence A. Pietrandrea from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Francis C. Piper Sr. from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Arthur St. Clair from Ronald Baker; Laura Bintrim; Mary Bollinger, Tammy Taylor and Robert and Mary Jane Bollinger; David and Tammy Chapnell; Carole Kinney; Al and Jane Kocher; Carole Ann Miller; Lloyd Moyer; and the Zelma Musser family.
- In memory of Margaret M. “Marge” Santillo from Veronica Pacella, and from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Edith Allein Strosnider from Bob and Elena Punzell.
- In memory of Carmen Tomeo from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Mary B. Verdecchia from Debbie and Barry Goehring and Jodi and Steven Powell; Stephanie and Dan Loccisano; and the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Alberta Patrizio Wegner from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.