Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
The library will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday. Normal hours will resume on Friday, Nov. 27.
Wednesday, Dec. 2, at 6:30 p.m. – Evening Book Discussion Group for adults. The group will discuss the book, “The Husband’s Secret,” by Liane Moriarity. Call the library at 724-758-6458 for more information.
Thursday, Dec. 3, at 3:30 p.m. – Creative Writing Workshop for students in 9th grade and up. The group meets twice each month to share their work and discuss writing tips and techniques. New members are always welcome, so call the library for more information.
Thursday, Dec. 3, at 6 p.m. — Adult Knitting Group. The group meets year-around with members working on individual projects and providing their own materials. New members are always welcome. Call the library for more information.
The library will host a “Holiday Family Laptime” at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 8. The event is designed for babies as young as 6 months old as well as preschoolers. Holiday stories, songs and finger plays will be featured. Call the library to register or for more information.
The library will be closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (December 24 and 25), but will resume normal hours on Saturday, December 26.
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in October. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Melvin J. Krebs Sr. from the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Matthew “Matt’ J. McBurney from Karen and Ken Cooper and family.
- In memory of Boyd McDowell from Joy and Bill Kegel.
- In memory of Paul E. McElwain from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Thomas Magnifico from Tisha and Vince Bellissimo; Martha Boschini; Chuck and Patty Hutchison; Floyd and Tona McElwain; Raymond and Luann Santillo; and Andy and Dianna Woloszyn.
- In memory of Floyd L. Mayberry from Lemuel and Janie Linville.
- In memory of Charles F. “Chuck” Milnes from the Lincoln High School Class of 1947.
- In memory of James W. Neely from Tom and Cindy Neely and children, Frank and Chonda Seman, and Doug and Cathy Brown and children.
- In memory of Dennis Norman from the Ellwood City After Prom Committee, and from Kenneth and Rose Shaffer.
- In memory of Barbara Ann Franus Osborne from Bob Graham Education Center Third Grade Teachers; Kathy Thalmann-Blank; Darlene and Kathy Carcaise; Birdy and Rozanne Carosi; the Class of 1955 Lunch Group; Thomas and Lillian Franus; Lloyd Moyer; Ida Ottaviani; and Lynn, John and Nina Serdy.