Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
Monday, August 21, at 1:30 p.m. – Afternoon Book Discussion Group for Adults. The group will discuss the book, “Take Me With You,” by Catherine Ryan Hyde. Call the library for more information at 724-758-6458.
Tuesday, August 22, at 2:00 p.m. – The library’s Anniversary Committee will meet to discuss the “Art on the Avenue” event that was held July 28 as well as upcoming activities and fundraisers. Call the library for more information.
Wednesday, August 23, at 10:00 a.m. — “Coloring for Adults,” a weekly program that is free and open to the public. “Coloring for Adults” is a program designed to help reduce the stresses of everyday life. This program is returning to its Wednesday morning meeting time. Everyone is welcome, so call the library for more information.
Wednesday, August 23, at 6:00 p.m. – “Movie Night for Adults,” a monthly program which is free and open to all area adults. These evenings feature new-to-DVD films and refreshments. Call the library for more information or to discover the title of the film to be shown.
Thursday, August 24, at 6:00 p.m. – Adult Knitting Group. Members meet once a week at the library and work on individual projects. New members are welcome, so call the library for more information.
Save the Dates — Two fall gardening programs will be featured at the library – the first on Tuesday, September 12, featuring the topic, “What to Do in the Garden During Sweater Weather,” and the other on Tuesday, October 17, featuring the topic, “Night Gardening.” Both programs are presented by the Master Gardeners in Lawrence County. Registration is preferred, but walk-ins are welcome. There is a $5 fee to attend, the proceeds going to both the Master Gardeners and the Library.
The annual Storytelling Festival will be held in Ewing Park on Saturday, September 16, from 4:00 to 7:30 p.m. Professional storytellers as well as wandering entertainment, balloon animals, horse and trolley rides and more are featured. Call the library for more information.
The library will host an informational program on governmental redistricting in the state of Pennsylvania at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 26. No registration is required. Call the library for more information.
Anyone interested in receiving a monthly E-Newsletter from the library is asked to call for more information.
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in July. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Cynthia K. Antinossi from Mimi and Ollie Frazzini.
- In memory of Catherine “Betty” E. Bintrim from the Woman’s Club of Ellwood City.
- In memory of Harry C. Boots Jr. from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of David L. Capra from Marcy Colao and Greg Nist.
- In memory of Isabelle “Izzie” N. Catarcio from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Rosetta Chontos from Patricia Borenstein; Michael and Diane Kane; and Dr. Douglas Lockawich and staff.
- In memory of Pauline Christie from Tom and Lillian Franus, and from Lois and Ken Liebendorfer.
- In memory of Yolanda “Yola” Cibocchi from the R.J. Schill Manor Residents, and from Marilou and Tom Williams.
- In memory of Robert L. Clark from Brenda and Chris Newell.
- In memory of Leona B. Crable from Jane and Ed Timpano.