Activities at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
Monday, July 10, at 10:00 a.m. — “Coloring for Adults,” a weekly program that is free and open to the public. “Coloring for Adults” designed to help reduce the stresses of everyday life. Everyone is welcome, so call the library for more information. This program has been moved to Monday mornings at 10:00 a.m. through August 9 because of Summer Reading Program activities. Call the library at 724-758-6458 for more information.
Tuesday, July 11, at 10:00 a.m. — “Jump Start to Kindergarten,” for children who are entering kindergarten this fall. The program focuses on reviewing in a fun way the state standards children need to know before entering kindergarten. Call the library to register or for more information.
Tuesday, July 11, at 6:30 p.m. — “Family Laptime,” an interactive program for babies, toddlers and preschoolers and their families. Featured are stories, songs, finger plays, games and more. Registration is requested, so call the library for more information.
Wednesday, July 12, at 10:00 a.m. — “Build a Better World,” a weekly program designed for students who have just completed kindergarten through 3rd grade. Those in kindergarten and 1st grade meet at 10:00 a.m. and those in 2nd and 3rd grades meet at 11:00 a.m. Featured are activities, games, crafts and more. Call the library for more information.
Wednesday, July 12, at 12:00 Noon – “The Book Bunch,” a book discussion group for students who have just completed 3rd grade. The group will discuss the book, “The Chocolate Touch,” by Patrick Skene Catling and Margot Apple. Call the library for more information.
Thursday, July 13, at 10:00 a.m. — “Puppet Theater Workshop” for students in 4th grade and up. The students who are participating create plays and then rehearse them all summer using puppets and marionettes. They then give two performances at the end of the summer, one for other Summer Reading Program children and the other for family and friends.
Thursday, July 13, at 12:00 Noon – “Bookworms,” a book discussion group for students who have completed 4th and 5th grades. The group will discuss the book, “Gregor the Overlander,” by Suzanne Collins. Call the library for more information.
Thursday, July 13, at 6:30 p.m. – “Fairy Tale Theater,” designed for preschoolers and early elementary-aged children. The evening features fractured fairy tale plays performed by teenagers at the stage area in the children’s department. No registration is required. Call the library for more information.
Thursday, July 13, at 6:00 p.m. – Adult Knitting Group, whose members meet weekly to work on individual projects. New members are always welcome. Call the library for more information.
“Movie Night for Adults” will take place on Wednesday, July 26, this month beginning at 6:00 p.m. Call the library for more information.
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in April and May. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Elizabeth “Betty” Ann Paul Schuller from the Joseph M. Tesone family.
- In memory of Andrew Stiles Jr. from Larry and Barbara Barr.
- In memory of Cynthia “Cyndi” L. Stowe from Sam, Michele, Carmella, Dom and Anthony Teolis.
- In memory of Richard C. “Dick” Streckeisen from Penny and Jim Elliot.
- In memory of Margaret T. Thalgott from Al and Jane Kocher.
- In memory of Frank J. Annarumo from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Mary Babin from Maggie and Bill Brown; Marty Clark; Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Crowley; Jack Loadman; and Blanche Novak.
- In memory of Catherine “Betty” E. Bintrim from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Jordan T. Bobin from John and Nora DiBuono.
- In Honor of the June Birthday Anniversary of Liz Pratt from Tim and Phyllis Mulhollen.