The Ellwood City Police arrested three juveniles on Friday regarding the recent string of vandalism acts throughout the Borough. The 14, 15 and 16-year-old males will be charged for the following incidents:
- Nov. 20/21 – The building located at 231 Fifth St. had its display windows smashed with rocks. The building owner is Joe Morabito.
- Nov. 20/21 – A 2006 Ford Taurus owned by Herman Feldman was damaged while parked in front of his office at 228 Fifth Street.
- Nov. 29 – The building owned by Morabito located at 231 Fifth St. had its windows again damaged by rocks.
- Dec. 1 – Korco Manufacturing, 232 Keystone Way, had damage done to its garage windows with rocks.
- Dec. 5/6 – Damage was done to the windows at the Law Office of Herman Feldman, 226-228 Fifth St., with rocks.
- Dec. 9 – The tires were slashed on a Verizon Van parked at one of their facilities, located at 209 Fifth St.
- Dec. 13 – The Michael’s Furniture Plus delivery truck had multiple windows and lights damaged, located at 108 Eighth St.
- Dec. 13 to 15 – The United States Post Office had damage done to a mail truck parked in its parking lot, located at 320 Seventh St.
- Dec. 14 – Multiple windows were damaged on a garage door at McElwain’s Quick Lube, located at 811 Beaver Ave.
The 16 year-old has also been charged with stealing Christmas decorations from home on the 300 block of Petain Street on Christmas day.
The homeowner had witnessed the boy remove an item from his Christmas display and followed the group of juveniles into Kids Creative Kingdom, where the victim contacted police. The boys were apprehended near there.
The juveniles were taken into custody and later released to their parents, pending formal action by the Lawrence County Juvenile Court and Lawrence County Juvenile Probation.