The Wampum Parade Committee submitted the following press release:
It takes a village to put on the Wampum Parade! We, the Parade Committee, want to show our gratitude to so many, and want to share that Armstrong Cable / Channel 183 will be airing the parade on the dates listed below.
12/17 Saturday, 1am, noon & 9pm
12/18 Sunday – 4 pm
12/19 Monday – 9 am
12/20 Wednesday – 8 pm
12/22 Friday – 8:30 pm
12/23 Saturday – noon & 4 pm
- The Parade Donors for helping with parade material and expenses, treat bags for children, and those who donated their time to pack treats and decorate the gymasium.
- The Lawrence County Court of Common Pleas Judges Dominick Motto and Craig Cox for serving as our Float judges.
- Thosewho made the effort and took the time to participate with a float or by dressing as a character,
- The Wampum Borough and The Wampum Recreation Board for allowing the use of the municipal building, the ballpark and the gymnasium, and for providing borough workers and police.
- We thank Wampum Police Department and Fire Department for their involvement on Parade Day and for their support in the weeks leading up to the Parade.
- Marshall’s Funeral Home for use of their parking lot.
- Mike Veon Safety Supply for the Judges’ Stand
- Universal Refractories for use of their parking lot
- McElwains, Chuck Johnston, Dick Borst and Sharon Milligan for providing beautiful cars
- The Wampum community for their support and spirit.
- Thanks to all of the characters, floats, bands, officials, fire departments, military units, scouts and other participants who made for a great show!
- Finally, what’s a parade without a crowd? Thank you to the all the spectators who braved the cold.
Tune in to Armstrong Cable this week, and we will see you next year!