A town hall on the Ellwood Borough Electric Department will be held on Monday, Aug. 1 at 6 p.m. in the borough auditorium. An official from American Municipal Power (AMP) will be present.
The electric department has been subject of citizen criticism after bills dramatically increased in July, bringing to the forefront concerns over customer service, billing and the necessity of the department itself.
Over 50 visitors attended council’s agenda meeting on July 11 and over 100 at the regular meeting on July 18. A Facebook group titled “Standing Up to Ellwood Electric” has over 1,100 members.
Previous articles on the electric situation are included below:
- Residents, Council Set Up Town Hall to Further Discuss Electric Department
- Council, Residents Divided Over Electric Department
- Borough Offers Payment Arrangement for Most Recent Electric Bill
- In Depth: Residents Protest Electric Rates, Council Proposes Resolution Amending Rates
- Borough Of Ellwood City Borough Requests Electric Customers to Voluntarily Reduce Energy Consumption this Tuesday, July 5 through Wednesday, July 6