The third annual Little Miss Firecracker Pageant will kick off this year’s Ellwood City Community Day at the Ellwood City Festival. 15 girls between the ages of four and seven will vie for the title on Friday, July 1 at 11:15 a.m. on Folino Stage.
Pageant co-chairs Becky Guisler and Nikki Mars are excited about the number of contestants. “This is our largest group of young ladies to date,” Guisler said. “We started the pageant two years ago as a way to bring something new to the festival and the event has gained in popularity. We’re hoping this year’s pageant will once again delight the families and friends of our contestants and be a terrific start for the holiday atmosphere of the festival.”
The Patriotic Pageant is designed to celebrate our country and community friendships. Each contestant was required to obtain a $25 entry fee from a supportive business.
“We continue to like the sponsorship of a local business. It’s just another way to bring our community and businesses together,” Guisler said. “It’s neat to see the girls all dressed up and wearing a pretty sash with their business sponsor’s name on it!”
This year’s judges for the event will be Felicia Greco, Earla Marshall and Karen Williams. They will concentrate on three areas of judging: stage presence, patriotic outfit and on-stage interview. In addition to choosing the 2016 Little Miss Firecracker, they will also be giving a Patriotic Spirit Award. Mindy Wilson will be returning once again to emcee the festivities.
Pageant entries and their sponsors include:
- Callie Baker – Baker Taxidermy
- Aria Rose Cannon – Sugar Baby Cupcakes
- Gabriella Carosi – Strosnider’s Accounting
- Cierra Davidson – Glamorous Tanning
- Molly Fisher – Lori L’s Hair Care
- Elizabeth Gasper – Sax on 7th Salon
- Dia Greco – Loccisano’s Market
- Emma Leavens – Diamond Dance Academy
- Margaret LeViere – Dem-Tech 1
- Makenzie Michaels – Studio P
- RaeAnna Robinson – Pleasant View Produce
- Aven Smiley – Heart’s Desire
- LenaRose Smith – National Grind
- Breanna Stubbs – Marshall Funeral Home
- Cori Thomas – Kimpel’s Jewelers, Inc.
The newly chosen Little Miss Firecracker will be crowned by last year’s winner, Mia Meredith.
Photo from the Ellwood City Festival Committee.