Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
Monday, May 9, at 6:30 p.m. – Classics Book Discussion Group for Adults. The group will discuss the book, “Not Without Laughter,” by Langston Hughes. New members are welcome, so call the library at 724-758-6458 for more information.
Wednesday, May 11, at 10:00 a.m. — “Coloring for Adults,” a weekly program that is free and open to the public. “Coloring for Adults” is a new concept in helping to reduce the stresses of everyday life. Those attending may take their own supplies or use coloring pages supplied by the library. There will also be a limited number of colored pencils available for use. Call the library for more information.
Wednesday, May 11, at 3:00 p.m. – “Just 4 Girls,” a book discussion group for girls in 9th grade and up. The group will discuss the book, “Vanishing Girls,” by Lauren Oliver. Call the library for more information.
Thursday, May 12, at 6:00 p.m. — Adult Knitting Group. This group meets year-around with members providing their own materials and working on individual projects. New members are always welcome, so call the library for more information.
“Movie Nights for Adults” will continue monthly through the end of the year, and featured are new-to-DVD films. The evenings are open to all area adults free of charge. The next “movie night” is scheduled for Wednesday, May 25, starting at 6:00 p.m. Call the library for more information or to discover the titles of the movies to be shown.
The library hosts three different book discussion groups for adults. Each group reads different books and meets monthly on different days. Any area adults interested in joining a book discussion group is encouraged to call the library.
Plans for the library’s Summer Reading Program for children and teens are in place, and flyers describing all of the various activities scheduled are available at the library. Call now for more information or stop by and ask for a flyer. Programs are planned for children as young as 6 months old, youngsters in elementary school as well as high school students. Don’t miss out – join us for a lot of fun this summer!
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in April. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Margaret Campbell Baker from Bonnie McConahy.
- In memory of Leah Schill Bork from Mary Lou Fox.
- In memory of Lawrence Carosi from the Arkett and Westcott families.
- In memory of Dorothy M. Sutkowski Flecher from the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Ronald A. Folino from the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of E. John “Jack” Forsyth and Marjorie Rollman Forsyth from Mary Lou Fox.
- In memory of Joan M. Fotia from Mary DiBiagio; Patty Kraynak; Richard and Alysa Radice-Morris; and Ray and LuAnn Santillo.
- In memory of Rose Ann Galati from Kevin and Debra McElwain; Tim and Phyllis Mulhollen; and Liz Pratt.
- In memory of Dolores “Dolly” Gardner from the Ellwood City After Prom Committee.
- In memory of David H. Gilchrist from Erna Nussbaum, and from Rose Marie and Tony Rossi.
- In memory of John C. Gorgas from Bonnie McConahy.