Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
Monday, April 11, at 6:30 p.m. – Classics Book Discussion Group for Adults. The group will discuss the book, “Anatomy of a Murder,” by Robert Traver. New members are always welcome, so call the library at 724-758-6458 for more information.
Tuesday, April 12, at 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. — “Family Laptime,” an interactive story time for babies as young as 6 months old as well as for toddlers and preschoolers. Featured are stories, songs, finger plays and more. This spring session runs through April 19. Call the library now for more information. “Family Laptime” will resume again in June.
Tuesday, April 12, at 2:00 p.m. – The Library Anniversary Committee will meet to discuss upcoming events and activities, including the “Author Fair” scheduled for April 29. Call the library for more information.
Wednesday, April 13, at 10:00 a.m. — “Coloring for Adults,” a weekly program that is free and open to the public. “Coloring for Adults” is a new concept in helping to reduce the stresses of everyday life. Those attending may take their own supplies or use coloring pages supplied by the library. There will also be a limited number of colored pencils available for use. Call the library now for more information.
Wednesday, April 13, at 3:00 p.m. – “Just 4 Girls,” a book discussion group for girls in 9th grade and up. The group will discuss the book, “The Fixer,” by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Call the library for more information.
Thursday, April 14, at 10:00 a.m. — Preschool Story Time, a program designed for preschoolers 3 to 5 years of age. Featured are stories, songs, finger plays and more. This spring session will run through April 21. Call the library now for more information.
Thursday, April 14, at 6:00 p.m. — Adult Knitting Group. The group meets weekly, and new members are always welcome. Those attending provide their own materials and work on individual projects. Call the library for more information.
The library is hosting the second of two gardening programs on Wednesday, April 19, at 6:00 p.m. The program, conducted by the Penn State Extension Service of Lawrence County, will feature the topic, “Spring Pruning,” presented by Nancy Knauss, Penn State Master Gardener. The program is designed for Master Gardeners as well as for the general public. There is a fee of $5 to attend. Call the Extension Office at 724-654-8370 for more information.
“Movie Nights for Adults” are under way once again for the 2016 year, and featured are new-to-DVD films. Movies are shown each month throughout the year (with the exception of December and January). The next “Movie Night” is scheduled for Wednesday, April 27, at 6:00 p.m. Call the library for more information or to discover the title of the film to be shown.
The library is hosting an “Author Fair” from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, April 29, at the library featuring at least 21 local authors. The event will feature a “meet-and-greet” time with the authors as well as a variety of refreshments. Those attending may visit with authors at their own pace. Tickets for the event are $10, so call the library now for more information.
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in March. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Mark D. Crowther from Fred and Joyce Dettinger and family.
- In memory of Harry Lewis Fisher Sr. from the Pre-Op, Operating Room, Recovery Room and Post Recovery.
- In memory of John Wilbur “Jack” Flannery from Rhonda Norman.
- In memory of Dorothy M. Sutkowski Flecher from Albert and Diane Morini; Ronald and Pauline Selva and children; and the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Elsie H. Sommer Forsyth from Patricia D’Amico; Employees of Scarff’s Nursery; and the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Frank Frederick Jr. from The Hungarian Home, and from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of William Joseph Fry Jr. from the Ellwood City Forge.
- In memory of Rose Ann Galati from Ronald Baker; Mary DeBlaso and Frank DeBlaso; the Ellwood City Area Chamber of Commerce; Mary Hoffman; Edith Pacella; Veronica Pacella; Randy and Mimi Spade; Patty Suppa and Kathy, Jim, Morgan, Dillon and Carson Kleine; and the Joe Tesone family.