Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
Tuesday, Feb. 9, at 4 p.m. – Library Anniversary Committee. The group will meet to discuss upcoming events and fundraisers. Call the library at 724-758-6458 for more information.
Wednesday, Feb. 10, at 10 a.m. — “Coloring for Adults,” a weekly program that is free and open to the public. “Coloring for Adults” is a new concept in helping to reduce the stresses of everyday life. Those attending may take their own supplies or use coloring pages supplied by the library. There will also be a limited number of colored pencils available for use. Registration for the program is not required, but it is preferred, so call the library now for more information or to register.
Thursday, Feb. 11, at 3 p.m. – “Hooked on Books,” a book discussion group for students in 6th through 8th grades. The group will discuss the book, “Illuminae,” by Arnie Kaufman and Jaye Kristoff. Call the library for more information.
Thursday, Feb. 11, at 6 p.m. — Adult Knitting Group. This group meets weekly with members providing their own materials and working on individual projects. New members are always welcome. Call the library for more information.
The library will be closed on Monday, Feb. 15, in observance of the Presidents’ Day Holiday. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, February 16.
The library’s spring sessions of “Family Laptime” and “Preschool Story Hour” begin on March 1 and March 3 respectively. Registration is encouraged for these sessions which will run eight weeks and will be held as follows:
“Family Laptime” will be held at 10 a.m. and again at 6:30 p.m. beginning Tuesday, March 1, and ending Tuesday, April 19. This program is interactive and is designed for babies as young as 6 months of age through 5 years old. Stories, finger plays, songs and more are featured.
“Preschool Story Time” will be held at 10 a.m. beginning Thursday, March 3, and ending Thursday, April 21. This program is for preschoolers 3 years of age and older, and features stories, songs, finger plays and more.
The “Movie Nights for Adults” series will continue into the 2016 year and will resume on Wednesday, February 24, at 6 p.m. Work on the schedule of movies to be shown is currently under way and will be available very soon. Call the library, or watch this column, for more information.
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in January. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Anthony DeCaria from Dennis and Emma Blaskowitz.
- In memory of Darlene Donley from Betty Donley and family, and from Mr. and Mrs. Edward Donley and family.
- In memory of Shirley Friedman from the Dom Mundo family.
- In memory of June N. Goehring Gahagan from Mrs. Marian Gib and family; Scott and Barbara Mitchell; and Mr. and Mrs. Derrick Stevenson, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Stevenson and Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Stevenson.
- In memory of Deborah E. Gillespie from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Rose Gottuso from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Shirley V. Harper from the R.J. Schill Manor Residents Association.
- In memory of Rosemary LeClair Kaskie from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Joyce G. Kegel from Peter Sullivan.