Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
Wednesday, Jan. 27, at 10 a.m. — A new “Coloring for Adults” program that is free and open to the public. “Coloring for Adults” is a new concept in helping to reduce the stresses of everyday life. Those attending may take their own supplies or use coloring pages supplied by the library. There will also be a limited number of colored pencils available for use. Registration for the program is not required, but it is preferred, so call the library now at 724-758-6458 for more information or to register.
Thursday, Jan. 28, at 3 p.m. – “Food 4 Thought,” a book discussion group for students in 9th grade and up. The group will discuss the book, “”The Fifth Wave,” by Rick Yancey. New members are always welcome, so call the library now for more information.
Thursday, Jan. 28, at 6 p.m. – Adult Knitting Group. This group meets weekly with members providing their own materials and working on individual projects. Call the library for more information.
The “Movie Nights for Adults” series will continue into the 2016 year and will resume in February. Work on the schedule of movies to be shown, including the dates, is currently under way and will be available very soon. Call the library, or watch this column, for more information.
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in December. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Barbara Ann Franus Osborne from Patty Tomei.
- In memory of John A. Pistachio from Kayla, Pete, Waylon, Mike and Aunt Lou, and from Dom and Tillie Santo.
- In memory of Lyda R. Romanio from Mr. and Mrs. Vince Bellissimo.
- In memory of George O. Sewall Jr. from Mr. and Mrs. Mark Aiken and family; Blank Concrete and Supply Company; Robert and Helen Powell; and Jim and Ginger Reilly.
- In memory of Penny K. Shirk from the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Sue R. Simi from the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Michaelyn “Mikie” Williams from Keith and Peggy Venezie.
- In memory of Dr. Petronio F. Zalamea from Gail Maine.
- In Honor of Lenore Bazzichi from Lola Cosgrove.
- In Honor of Lenore Bazzichi and Douglas Cosgrove from Dawn and Clyde Buchanan.