Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
The library will be closed on Monday, Jan. 18, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 19.
Tuesday, Jan. 19, at 1:30 p.m. – Afternoon Book Discussion Group for Adults. The group will discuss the book, “The Headmaster’s Wife,” by Thomas Christopher Greene. New members are always welcome, so call the library for more information.
Tuesday, Jan. 19, at 3:30 p.m. – Creative Writing Workshop for students in 9th grade and up. The group meets twice each month to share their work and discuss writing tips and techniques. New members are always welcome, so call the library for more information.
Wednesday, Jan. 20, at 3:00 p.m. – “Just 4 Girls,” a book discussion group for girls in 9th grade and up. The group will discuss the book, “Since You’ve Been Gone,” by Morgan Matson. Call the library for more information or to sign up to join the group.
Thursday, Jan. 21, at 6:30 p.m. – Adult Knitting Group. This group meets weekly with members providing their own materials and working on individual projects. Call the library for more information.
The library is launching a “Coloring for Adults” program beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 27. The session, which will be held from 10 to 11 a.m., is free of charge. “Coloring for Adults” is a new concept in helping to reduce the stresses of everyday life. Those attending may take their own supplies or use coloring pages supplied by the library. There will also be a limited number of colored pencils available for use. Registration for the program is not required, but it is preferred, so call the library now for more information.
The “Movie Nights for Adults” series will continue into the 2016 year and will resume in February. Work on the schedule of movies to be shown, including the dates, is currently under way and will be available very soon. Call the library, or watch this column, for more information.
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in December. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Marie E. Harper from the Wilson Insurance Group.
- In memory of Marianne Jubach from Patricia Cairns; Larry and Karen Krummert and Dave and Joyce Schweinsberg; Betty Pavuk; David and Sue Reese, Mark and Kim Hienz, Andrea Fox and Todd Heinz; and the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Joyce G. Kegel from Carol L. Bisceglia; Mr. and Mrs. Kevin McElwain; Robert and Helen Powell; and the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Gertrude M. Kingston from the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Carol M. Krebs from the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Charles C. “Chuck” Landolfi from Patty Tomei.
- In memory of Lorraine F. Lazzaro from Rhonda Norman and Dinah and Phil Pishioneri.
- In memory of Agnes W. Nelson from Jon R. Nelson and from Sarah H. Nelson.
- In memory of Laura E. Neupauer from Mary Hoffman, and from the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.