Man Assaults Woman Over Christmas Lights and Throws Christmas Tree Out of Window
- According to the criminal complaint, on Dec. 8 at approximately 2 a.m., officers responded to a domestic disturbance on First Street. The victim stated that after drinking at the Keystone Bar, her boyfriend, Robert Mulig, 58, of Ellwood City had gone to bed. Around 2 a.m., Mulig woke her up and yelled at her to turn the Christmas Tree lights off. The victim told Mulig to go back to bed. Mulig shouted that she had two minutes to turn off the lights. Mulig then became agitated and threw the Christmas Tree out of the living room window. He assaulted the victim and attempted to choke her. The victim pushed Mulig off and called the police. Mulig left the residence on foot. Officers located him and charged him with simple assault and harassment.
Man Won’t Take Hands Out of Pockets
- According to the criminal complaint, on Dec. 7 at approximately 1:45 a.m., an officer pulled over a vehicle on Pershing Street after observing erratic driving. The driver was identified as Charles Rogan, 22, of Ellport. Rogan would not remove his hands from his pockets after being requested multiple times for reasons of officer safety. The officer conducted a pat down to search for weapons and found a baby jar containing marijuana in Rogan’s pocket. He was charged with possession of marijuana.
Woman Assaults Man
- According to the criminal complaint, on Dec. 8 at approximately 7:20 p.m., officers responded to a domestic violence report on Line Avenue. The victim stated he was arguing with his wife, Sarah Wilson, 36, of Ellwood City, when she slapped him. He reported that Wilson is an alcoholic on probation and wanted him to buy her alcohol. Wilson was intoxicated when questioned by officers. She was charged with simple assault and harassment. In addition, officers discovered an active bench warrant from Butler County. Wilson was taken into custody and transferred to the Butler County Jail.
DUI Man Declares “You got me!”
- According to the criminal complaint, on Dec. 5 at approximately 2:15 a.m., an officer observed a vehicle drive onto a sidewalk on Sixth Street and Spring Avenue, almost striking a utility pole. After pulling the vehicle over, the driver was identified as Braden Book, 21, of Ellwood City. “You got me! You got me!” Book proclaimed multiple times. After failing field sobriety tests, he was taken to the Ellwood City Hospital. He was charged with two counts of DUI, driving while suspended and careless driving.
- According to the criminal complaint, on Dec. 8 at approximately 10 p.m., officers responded to a theft at B&B Express located on 324 Lawrence Ave. According to employees, at approximately 8:40 p.m., a cloth envelope was stolen containing $48 was stolen from the checkout counter. Surveillance footage showed a man identified as Christopher Magusiak, 24, of Ellwood City, stealing the envelop. Officers were unable to contact or locate Magusiak, but he has been charged with theft and receiving stolen property.