We are thankful to so many people for making the 43rd Wampum Parade one of the best!
It takes an army of helpers to put on a parade. We are especially appreciative of the following:
- Thank you to the Lawrence County Court of Common Pleas Judges Dominick Motto, John Hodge and Craig Cox for serving as our Float judges. Their active role at the ballpark and at the Judges’ Stand gave our parade an air of dignity.
- The people who made the effort and took the time to participate with a float or by dressing as a character deserve applause.
- We thank the Parade Donors for covering parade expenses and treat bags for children and those who donated their time.
- The Wampum Borough and The Wampum Recreation Board for allowing the use of the municipal building, the ballpark and the gymnasium and for providing borough workers and police.
- We thank Wampum Police Department and Fire Department for their involvement on Parade Day and for their support in the weeks leading up to the Parade.
- Marshalls Funeral Home for use of their parking lot
- Mike Veon Safety Supply for the Judges’ Stand
- Universal Refractories for use of their parking lot
- McElwains, Chuck Johnston, Dick Borst and Sharon Milligan for providing beautiful cars
- The Wampum community for their support and spirit.
- Thanks to The Pittsburgh Penguin Iceburgh and all of the characters, floats, bands, officials, fire departments, military units, scouts and other participants who made for a great show!
- Finally, what’s a parade without a crowd? Thank you to the all the spectators who turned out for a beautiful day.
See you next year!
-Donna Kuiken and the Wampum Parade Committee