Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
Tuesday, Dec. 8, at 6:30 p.m. — “Holiday Family Laptime” at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 8. The event is designed for babies as young as 6 months old as well as preschoolers. Holiday stories, songs and finger plays will be featured. Call the library to register or for more information.
Thursday, Dec. 10, at 3 p.m. – “Hooked on Books,” a book discussion group designed for students in 6th through 8th grades. The group will discuss the book, “Tomorrow When the War Began,” by John Marsden. Call the library for more information.
Thursday, Dec. 10, at 6 p.m. – Adult Knitting Group. The group meets year-around, and members work on individual projects and provide their own materials. More information is available by calling the library.
Holiday hours at the library are as follows: The library will be closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Dec. 24 and 25), but will resume normal hours on Saturday, Dec. 26. The library will only be open from 9 a.m. to Noon on New Year’s Eve and remain closed on New Year’s Day. Normal hours will resume on Saturday, Jan. 2.
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in November. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Rose M. Bartolomeo from Merel and Kathy MacDonald.
- In memory of David L. Biddle from Whitey and Mary Campbell and family, and from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Louise F. Bobbino from Albert and Diane Morini; Phyllis Mulhollen; Tillie and Dom Santo; and the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Wayne Courseon from Janice and Ed Zikeli, the Taglieri family and the Kellner family.
- In memory of Mildred Ruth Curtaccio from the Ellwood City Volunteer Fire Department.
- In memory of Bonnie V. Dawson from the Ellwood City Municipal Woman’s Club.
- In memory of Jean DeMark from Thelma Morgan.
- In memory of Concetta M. “Connie” Ernst from the R.J. Schill Manor Residents.
- In memory of James F. Geddis from the Hartman School Pre-K Teachers.
- In memory of Robert “Bob” Hozick from the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Marianne Jubach from Gerry and Jane Crowley; Joan Frederick; Don and Marianne Kingston and family; Mary McClurg; Merel and Kathy MacDonald; Beverly McDevitt and Gail and Carol Nelson; Al and Diane Morini; Tim and Phyllis Mulhollen; Sam and Patty Panico; Jennie Safreed; the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.; and Tom and Susan Sommer.