Activities taking place at the Ellwood City Area Public Library include the following:
Monday, November 16, at 1:30 p.m. – Afternoon Book Discussion Group for adults. The group will discuss the book, “The Silver Star,” by Jeannette Walls. More information may be obtained by calling the library at 724-758-6458.
Tuesday, November 17, at 10:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. — Family Laptime, an interactive program designed for babies as young as 6 months old through preschool age. Featured are stories, songs, finger plays and more. Registration is requested, so call the library at 724-758-6458 for more information.
Tuesday, November 17, at 2:00 p.m. – An informational seminar on health insurance options under the Affordable Care Act. This seminar is for anyone who might be considering enrolling in a new plan or switching from the plan they have during this open enrollment period. To be discussed are insurance coverage options; the Affordable Care Act and its basic features; Medicaid; enrollment periods and much more. Those interested should call the library for more information.
Wednesday, November 18, at 6:00 p.m. – “Just 4 Girls,” a book discussion group for girls in 9th grade and up. The group meets once each month to discuss a book and enjoy refreshments. New members are always welcome, so call the library for more information.
Wednesday, November 18, at 6:00 p.m. — “Movie Night for Adults” featuring a new-to-DVD romantic comedy. All area adults are invited to attend. There will not be a movie in December, but “Movie Nights for Adults” will resume in the new year. Call the library for more information or to discover the title of the film to be shown.
Thursday, November 19, at 10:00 a.m. — Preschool Story Time, which is designed for preschoolers who are at least 3 years old. Featured are stories, songs, finger plays and more. This will be the last Story Hour of the year. New sessions will begin in the spring.
Thursday, November 19, at 3:00 p.m. – “Food 4 Thought,” a book discussion group for students in 9th grade and up. The group meets once each month to discuss a pre-assigned book and to enjoy refreshments. Anyone interested in joining should call the library for more information.
Thursday, November 19, at 6:00 p.m. — Adult Knitting Group. The group meets year-around with members working on individual projects and providing their own materials. New members are always welcome. Call the library for more information.
The library will be closed on Thursday, November 26, in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday. Normal hours will resume on Friday.
The following are memorial contributions received by the library in October. Memorials are published on a weekly basis in this column and represent a portion of the contributions received in any given month.
- In memory of Frances Falotico from Birdy and Rozanne Carosi; Alice and Phillip Clark; Bonnie McConahy; Michelle and Bob Pickens; the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.; and Dom and Jaye Scopellite.
- In memory of Jacqueline M. Fec from Traci and Todd Kingston; the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.; Raymond and LuAnn Santillo; and the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Carrie Ann Knight Griggle from the Wilson Insurance Group Inc.
- In memory of Marie E. Harper from Betty Donley; Veronica Pacella; and the Samuel Teolis Funeral Home Inc.
- In memory of Marie Ella Hart from Billco Manufacturing Inc.; Barbara Grundy and Brian and Rise LeBlanc; Gary and Helen Hart; and Ruth and Harry Kauffman.
- In memory of Robert M. “Bob” Hozick from Mike Bellissimo.
- In memory of Sue Ann Kardish from Thomas and Nancy Macel.
- In memory of Henry Keneski from Clyde and Rose Bartley.
- In memory of Gertrude M. Kingston from the Ellwood City Arts, Crafts and Food Festival; Mark and Kim Kaszer; Tark and Sue Kolch; Al and Diane Morini and Girls; and the Women of the Moose #442.
- In memory of Shermanetta I. Kondrasuk from the Lincoln High School Class of 1947, and from Lloyd Moyer.